Students got hands-on instruction to compete.
Student teams were formed for the competition.
The competition gave students the opportunity to find out what SFCC's automotive technologies program offers.
Students got the opportunity to get "hands on" under the automotive hoods.
SFCC had its first ever “Battle Under the Hood” competition at Capital High School on Oct. 18, 2019. This event gave Capital High School students a small taste of what to expect in the automotive program.
This event was made possible with the help of:
• <a href=”https://www.sfcc.edu/programs/automotive-technology/”>SFCC Automotive Technologies</a>
• <a href=”https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/office-recruitment-student-outreach/”>SFCC Office of Recruitment</a> & <a href=”https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/dual-credit/”>Dual Credit</a>
• <a href=”https://sharenm.org/capital-high-school-santa-fe-public-schools/college-and-career-plaza”>College & Career Plaza</a>
• Capitol Ford (provided two vehicles for students to work on)
• Honda Subaru of Santa Fe (provided two vehicles for students to work on)
Check out <a href=”https://www.facebook.com/108937837159595/photos/pcb.145008450219200/145006443552734/?type=3&theater”>Capital High’s Facebook page</a>.