SFCC Faculty & Staff Development Day
Building Community through Creative Collaboration
October 20, 2017
We are thrilled to invite you to submit a workshop proposal for our October 20, 2017 all-employee professional development day. This semester Staff Senate is taking the lead and Linda Peña, Margaretmary Woodd, Kelly Smith, Jeff Hood, and David Markwardt are serving as the Planning Task Force.
Workshop presentations will be in the morning, and will be in classrooms able to hold 25-45 people, depending on classroom size and other factors. Also depending on the number of workshops offered, we may have 1 or 2 hours available for your workshop.
Workshops can be specific to your area of study, profession, or a fun and exciting skill or hobby you’d like to share with your community.
Proposals are due by 5 p.m. September 22.
You will be notified no later than 5 p.m. September 28.
Workshop Proposal Guidelines
- Contact Information: the name and full contact information for the lead presenter and any co-presenters including academic or professional credentials.
- Presenter(s) Bio: a 50-word bio for each presenter
- Session Title: a succinct, but descriptive title of no more than 10 wor
- Abstract: 50 words or less describing the
- Learning Objectives: 3-5 learning objectives for the
- Content: an outline with time estimates, showing that your presentation goals are appropriate for the time
- Audience: who would benefit from and/or enjoy your session (may be more than one group), as well as a brief “Audience Experience ”
Audiovisual: Presenters will have access to the AV equipment in their assigned classroom. If your needs are beyond this standard setup, please you include that information in your proposal.
Non-Traditional Classrooms: If you’re proposing a workshop better suited for a different area of campus (cooking, art, computer/tech), please provide a detailed description of your preferred location and accommodations, including supplies.
Please note: We cannot accommodate requests made the day of the conference.
Presenters will be expected to make presentations ADA compliant. Conference planners are able to arrange for ASL interpreters and Spanish translators.
Guidelines will be included with presenter acceptance notification.
Please submit your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org.