Dear Faculty and Staff:
As I mentioned in my previous communication, to reduce the spread of Coronavirus we will be closed through Sunday, April 5. All events are cancelled and there is no access to main campus or the HEC.
- Continue to follow the New Mexico Department of Health Coronavirus Recommendations.
- Keep handy these New Mexico Department of Health numbers:
- For Health Concerns: 1-855-600-3453
- For All Other Concerns, such as food, childcare, etc.: 1-833-551-0518
- Payroll will not be interrupted.
- You do not have to take sick or annual leave during this time.
- If your employment is grant funded, work with your grants administrators to develop your time and effort reporting.
- March 23-April 5, if you are able, you should be working as usual:
- Since everybody is technically still at work, you are expected to work as much as you can and to be on call during your normal working hours.
- We understand that not everyone will be able to do very much.
- Check your in-box and respond to emails regularly.
- Set your out-of-office messages:
- Check this site regularly: sfcc.edu/covid.
- The Governing Board has cancelled the March Board meeting.
- Assure students we are here for them:
- All online classes should be held on their regular schedules so students can stay on track.
- If you can, add your class materials to Canvas.
- If not, determine a way to adapt your coursework to a different modality.
- Use your discretion to select the methodology that is best for your students.
- Review Vice President’s March 12 communication (below) for helpful information.
- If you really can’t do anything beyond your face-to-face classes, then we will address options when we return to campus.
- Communication is key:
- Keep students engaged.
- Students should know that we are here for them.
- Maintain contact with your students in all they ways that you can without meeting face-to-face.
- Check your email often and respond promptly.
- Keep students motivated to stay on top of their studies through steady correspondence.
- If you need to borrow a computer to each class over these coming weeks, contact Mason Kovac at 505-428-1845 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact the OIT Service Desk at 505-428-1222 as needed. Support staff will be available to assist you after spring break.
- If you are aware of students experiencing food insecurity, refer them to the Food Depot.
- If you are unclear about anything, or are unwell, please contact your Dean.
- All travel is cancelled. All events are cancelled.
- If you had planned to meet with colleagues from other organizations, let them know that campus is closed and you cannot meet here. Explore alternative ways of meeting that are not face-to-face.
With everyone’s participation, we will maintain instruction and operations as best we can. I appreciate all that you do to help the college respond with integrity and dedication during these challenging times.
Becky Rowley, Ph.D.