Few careers are as rewarding as teaching and teachers are in demand, especially in the areas of bilingual and special education, high school math and science, and English as a second language. If you have an interest in helping people and your community, then a teacher education degree might be right for you. To become a great teacher, it helps to have a great teacher. Faculty in SFCC’s Teacher Education Program are the very best, here to help you succeed in this noble and rewarding profession.
Teacher Preparation Degrees Offered at SFCC – Certificate & Associate of Arts [AA]
Are you just beginning your educational pathway toward a career in teaching? These SFCC degrees are for you:
- Students planning to work with children from birth to grade three and the families of those children, should consider SFCC’s programs in Early Childhood Education.
- Students planning to become an Elementary, Secondary, or Special Education teacher should consider SFCC’s Teacher Education degree.
Alternative Teacher Licensure offered at SFCC – Certifications and Endorsements
Have you already earned a Bachelor’s degree and are looking to acquire your teaching licensure?
- The Alternative Teacher Licensure Program at SFCC is a state accredited alternative teacher licensure program for qualified individuals who want to earn a license in teaching.
- Adult education
- Education administration
- Student affairs
Degrees or Certificates
- Early Childhood Development Certificate
- Early Childhood Education, A.A.
- Teacher Education, A.A.
- Early Childhood (Age 3-Grade 3) Teacher Certification
- Elementary Education Teacher Certification (K-8)
- Secondary Education Teacher Certification (7-12)
- Special Education Teacher Certification (K-12)
- Bilingual Education Endorsement Certificate
- Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) Teacher Endorsement