About the Programs
Do you like working with your hands, building things and applying the latest technologies? SFCC’s knowledgeable instructors teach traditional construction and computer-aided drafting that emphasize green practices. You’ll learn to apply technology and sustainability to vocational skills.
While you’re in the program, you’ll go to work in the construction field and integrate your learning in “hands-on” practice. When you complete either the Green Building Construction Skills or Green Building Systems certificate program, you’ll be qualified to work as both an entry-level office and field technician.
Gain the knowledge and skills you’ll need to work the adobe construction and earth building fields. This course of study can also be tailored for non-professional, home owners and builders who wish to learn how to design and build their own adobe home.
- Entry Level Adobe Construction Worker
- Entry Level Project Planner/Developer
- Sustainability Coordinator
- Home improvement retrofitter to install energy efficient appliances, run safety and performance tests and similar activities
- Insulation installer
- Green carpenter, plumber, or electrician
- Green construction manager