Leveling dolly track
Setting lights at the Cowgirl
See the SFCC Film Website for schedules, equipment info and more!
About the Program
SFCC’s Film Program prepares you for a career working in the New Mexico film industry. Our certificate and degree programs prepare students to work in the local New Mexico film and television industry or to pursue their bachelor degree. Students can choose to take their degree in a traditional two year format or accelerate their degree plan and complete the program in three semesters.
Santa Fe is a major film making center that has been voted the 2nd best city in the United States for independent filmmakers. Attracting film and television productions as well as actors and crews from around the world, New Mexico provides a wealth of opportunities for the novice filmmaker. Our graduates can be found in New Mexico working as location managers, camera assistants, electricians, grips and many graduates own small businesses producing film and media for national and international markets. Our film program focuses on collaboration, team building and altruism.
You can follow statewide film production at http://www.nmfilm.com/
SFCC offers film students a pathway at the Higher Education Center
Both the Institute for American Indian Art and the Seattle Film Institute offer pathways to local students through the Higher Education Center in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Students can pursue their BFA in Cinematic Arts with the Institute for American Indian Art or their BA in Filmmaking at Seattle Film Institute.
For more information visit the film programs at:
Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (505) 428-1738
- Media and Film Education
- Digital Imaging
- Documentary Filmmaker
- Editorial Assistant
- Production Assistant
- Production Coordinator
- Production Technician
- Film/Video Producer and/or Director
- Film Researcher
- Media Planner
- Film Critic
Degrees or Certificates
- Understanding the relationship between film and other artistic mediums
- Self-expression using the vocabulary of film
- Storytelling through digital cinema, from idea to script to production
- Blend information to construct new concepts in film and Internet media ›Use reflective skills to critique the product/process of filmmaking
- Understand how film can shape society by causing emotional and intellectual responses
- Use current technologies to create and distribute media