About the Program
The Building Science and Construction Technologies program provides you with the knowledge and skills you need for entry-level positions in the building construction industry. You’ll learn how to build and maintain sustainable housing, buildings and communities. You can choose from a variety of concentrations within the construction industry including adobe construction, green building, HVAC, plumbing and residential energy auditor/inspector.
By the end of this program, you’ll be able to:
- Provide leadership in creating and maintaining a safe working environment
- Identify and explain building methods, materials and systems, including “green building” and sustainability strategies
- Interpret and analyze construction documents related to residential and commercial construction
- Apply practical skills and knowledge while working on residential and commercial construction projects
- Identify the building codes related to the various aspects of the building industry
- Investigate and resolve problems in construction planning, scheduling and management among all trades and professions in the industry
For more information, please contact the School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies, 505-428-1388, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Degrees or Certificates
- Creating and maintaining a safe working environment
- Knowledge of building methods, materials and systems, including “green building” and sustainability strategies
- Interpretation and analysis of construction documents
- Practical skills and knowledge
- Problem solving