Released: July 8, 2021
Program runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. July 26 through August 6
What: SFCC’s Math Summer Bridge is a FREE in-person two-week math and college success program for students who want to start in a higher-level math course in the fall semester, which begins August 23.
Who: This program is for anyone who plans to attend Santa Fe Community College – a recent high school graduate, HSE (GED) recipient, or adult student returning to college after a break from studies. This will be a fun, supportive, stress-free math and college success program.
When: July 26 – Aug. 6. Apply at sfcc.edu/summerbridge/
Where: Santa Fe Community College
Cost: Free with lunch and snacks provided. Pre-registration required. Apply soon, capacity is limited.
Program Benefits for Participants:
- Study math in a supportive, fun, and stress-free learning environment.
- Prepare to retake the math placement test to ensure you start your math studies at the highest level possible.
- Guaranteed seat in the higher-level course if you qualify.
- Develop greater confidence in your ability to do mathematics and to succeed at SFCC.
- Clarify your personal motivation and goals for attending college.
- Connect with other students, faculty, and staff in your SFCC community.
- Learn to navigate SFCC services and resources and make them work for YOU.
- Financial incentives provided to students who complete the program.
Of Note: Students who start in the highest-level math class they are ready for save money, move faster through their academic programs, and are more likely to graduate.
For more than 35 years, Santa Fe Community College has been the gateway to success for individuals and the community by providing affordable, high quality educational programs that serve the social, cultural, technological, and economic needs of a diverse community. SFCC is a designated Best for Vets and Military Friendly school. The college serves more than 12,000 students per year in its credit, noncredit and adult programs. For further information, visit sfcc.edu or call 505-428-1000. Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.