Released: October 26, 2016
Resource and Career Fair on Thurs., Nov. 3 from 3 to 6 p.m. in the Jemez Rooms.
The free public event will kick off with a Color Guard Ceremony at 3 p.m. and welcome from Veterans Resource Specialist Gregory Scargall. This year’s event includes a career fair with information on new benefits and programs for vets, veteran-owned business support, education benefits and veterans’ family services. There will also be a special exhibit of art by William Pura. SFCC’s Center for Academic Transitions will promote career services programs and AARP Foundation’s Back to Work 50+ Women’s Economic Stability Initiative. There will also be information about academic programs and scholarships. Families are encouraged to attend.
These are some of the participating organizations:
- American Veterans for Equal Opportunity
- Christus St. Vincent Regional Medical Center
- Fairway Mortgage
- Full Battle Rattle
- Goodwill Industries
- Heritage Hotels and Resorts
- Institute for American Indian Art (IAIA)
- Keller Williams Realty
- Los Alamos Medical Center
- Los Alamos National Bank
- New Mexico Department of Veterans Services
- New Mexico Highlands University
- New Mexico Workforce Solutions/Sun Path
- New Mexico Film Office
- Nurses with Heart Home Care
- Presbyterian Medical Services
- Sam’s Club
- Santa Fe Community Housing Trust
- Santa Fe County Human Resources
- Santa Fe Higher Education Center
- Santa Fe Vet Center
- Santa Fe Workforce Connection
- SFCC Career Services & AARP Back to Work 50+ Women’s Economic Stability Initiative
- SFCC Center for Diversity and Integrated Learning
- Social Security Administration
- Sunrise Springs Resort
- University of Phoenix
- S. Army
- S. Customs and Border Protection
- Vietnam Veterans Memorial State Park
- Women Veterans of New Mexico.
For more information, contact Gregory Scargall at 505-428-1305 or email@example.com.
For more than 35 years, Santa Fe Community College has been the gateway to success for individuals and the community by providing affordable, high quality educational programs that serve the social, cultural, technological, and economic needs of a diverse community. SFCC is a designated Best for Vets and Military Friendly school. The college serves more than 12,000 students per year in its credit, noncredit and adult programs. For further information, visit sfcc.edu or call 505-428-1000. Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.