Released: August 4, 2017
The Santa Fe Community College Governing Board has launched a search for an Interim president beginning today. Current President Randy W. Grissom announced his retirement earlier this week.
For consideration, applicants must submit a letter of interest and a resume to:
Ms. Donna Wells, Executive Assistant to the Governing Board
Deadline: Applications will be accepted through midnight on Sunday, August 20, 2017
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- A master’s degree from an accredited institution of higher learning, with an earned doctorate or other terminal degree preferred;
- At least five years of senior level administrative experience, preferably at a community college;
- An ability to work and communicate effectively with an elected governing board and be directed by mutually agreed upon goals;
- Outstanding experience in systems management and organizational development in areas such as human resources, budget management, collective bargaining, and construction/facilities;
- Knowledge and commitment to the diversity of New Mexico cultures;
- Commitment and accountability to open communications with students, faculty and staff;
- Availability to serve for up to one year as interim president.
- The successful candidate will not be eligible to apply for the permanent position.
The SFCC Governing Board will lead the search process. Upon closing of the application period, the SFCC Governing Board will review the candidates’ qualifications and select finalists to be interviewed and invited to campus. College campus and community members will have the opportunity to meet the finalists and to provide feedback during public forums, which will be scheduled in September.
Information: Interim Presidential Search: sfcc.edu/interim (add url when live Aug 3)
SFCC Governing Board: sfcc.edu/governing-board
For more than 35 years, Santa Fe Community College has been the gateway to success for individuals and the community by providing affordable, high quality educational programs that serve the social, cultural, technological, and economic needs of a diverse community. SFCC is a designated Best for Vets and Military Friendly school. The college serves more than 12,000 students per year in its credit, noncredit and adult programs. For further information, visit sfcc.edu or call 505-428-1000. Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.