Released: February 4, 2021
There is a $7 fee for each appointment.
Santa Fe Community College announces that beginning Feb. 8 the William C. Witter Fitness Education Center is available to the public for limited individual appointments for lap swimming from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. There is a $7 fee for each 50-minute swim time appointment.
The SFCC Campus remains closed with some exceptions. Participants in activities at the Fitness Center will be required to follow strict COVID-19 protocols. You must be 18-years-of-age or older to participate. Only participants with reservations will be allowed inside at their appointment time. No visitors or children will be permitted to enter.
“We’re happy to offer this limited access to the public. Our staff has trained to open in the safest way possible,” Fitness Facility Center Director Herman Garcia said.
Ute Jannsen-Kerr, Academic Director, School of Fitness Education, said, “The William C. Fitness Education Center continues to offer many online fitness classes. We also want the community to know that the college is now offering American Red Cross safety classes with a blended onsite component at the pool.” For information about those classes contact Tomas.email@example.com or call 505-428-1608.
“The college’s COVID-19 safety team is looking at options for opening the Fitness Education Center for other types of public use on an appointment basis. The college’s COVID-19 safety team will continue to review state and federal guidelines in making those decisions,” Jannsen-Kerr added.
Fast Facts on lap swimming appointments:
- Lap swimming: Appointments are for 50 minutes.
To make a reservation:
Step 1: Create an account at https://sfcc.timetap.com/#/
Step 2: Make your appointment (3 appts. max at any time) at that site.
Step 3: Pay $7 for your appointment on the site using PayPal.
Step 4: Show up for your appointment – enjoy!
COVID-19 safety guidelines for SFCC Fitness Education Center:
- You always need to wear a proper face mask when on SFCC Campus (except when in the water). See face covering guidelines.
• Always maintain at least 6-feet social distancing.
• Your temperature will be taken upon entry of the Fitness Education Center, you will be asked current COVID screening questions.
• No showers and no locker rooms are available, come dressed to swim.
• A limited number of restrooms will be available off the main lobby.
• Please bring your own drinking water and equipment.
• Leave promptly after your session has ended.
• Please respect the facility manager and lifeguards on duty and adhere to their guidelines.
Visit the William C. Witter Fitness Education Center web page for any future updates.
Questions? Please contact Fitness Facility Director Herman Garcia at 505-428-1751.
For more than 35 years, Santa Fe Community College has been the gateway to success for individuals and the community by providing affordable, high quality educational programs that serve the social, cultural, technological, and economic needs of a diverse community. SFCC is a designated Best for Vets and Military Friendly school. The college serves more than 12,000 students per year in its credit, noncredit and adult programs. For further information, visit sfcc.edu or call 505-428-1000. Follow us: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn.