This policy sets the parameters for Santa Fe Community College Governing Board (Board) to systematically evaluate and monitor its performance as the governing entity of Santa Fe Community College (SFCC).
Scope and Applicability
This policy addresses an annual self-evaluation by the Board of its performance and applies to all Board members.
The Board acknowledges its leadership role in setting the educational and fiscal direction of the College and monitoring its various processes and shall evaluate its performance to benefit the students, employees and community it serves.
The Board will:
- Evaluate its performance on organizational leadership, setting and monitoring policy, improving community relations, and advocacy for the College and its students.
- Evaluate the Board’s relationship with the President and its ability to work together toward a common goal.
- Evaluate how well its members support decisions made by a majority of the Board.
- Evaluate its role in monitoring its fiduciary role as guardians of the public trust for the continued success of the College.
- Evaluate its efforts to develop professionally in their Board role and in understanding and advancing new and improved strategies for teaching and learning and support for the College and its students.
- Any three members of the Board may call for a special evaluation if they deem it appropriate.
- The Board shall complete its self-evaluation by June 30 each year.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
Board members are individually and collectively responsible for the implementation of this policy.
SFCC Governing Board approved: 8/28/08
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 9/16/14
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved:1/23/19
Becky Rowley, Ph.D., President, 505-428-1201
Audrey Lucero, Executive Assistant to SFCC Boards
- Board Self-Evaluation Instrument – Procedures
Please see the Governing Board Self-Evaluation Instrument.