This policy sets the parameters for the Board to systematically evaluate and monitor its performance as a governing entity.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to the all members of the Board.
The Board acknowledges its leadership role in setting the direction of the College and monitoring its various processes and hereby agrees to evaluate its performance both collectively and individually to benefit the students, employees and community it serves at an annual retreat. Any three members of the Board may call for a special evaluation if they deem it appropriate and necessary.
The Board will:
- Evaluate its performance on organizational leadership, setting and monitoring policy, improving community relations, and advocacy for the College and its students.
- Evaluate its CEO-Board relations and its ability to work together toward a common goal.
- Evaluate how well all members adhere to support any decision made by a majority of the Board.
- Evaluate its role in monitoring its fiduciary role as guardians of the public trust and taxpayers contributions for the continued success of the College.
- Evaluate the role of each member in creating a team that works collaboratively and congenially in its governance role.
- Evaluate its efforts to develop professionally in their Board role and in understanding and advancing new and improved strategies for teaching and learning and support for students.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
Each board member individually and collectively is responsible for the implementation of this policy.
- Original approval date: 8/28/08
- Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 9/16/14
- Board Self-Evaluation Instrument – Procedures
Please see attached Governing Board Self-Evaluation Instrument.