This policy sets the parameters for the Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) Governing Board (Board)’s evaluation of the SFCC President’s performance.
Scope and Applicability
The President is evaluated annually by the Board.
- Annually, the Board will set goals in conjunction with the President prior to the upcoming academic year. The annual goals and expectations established by the President and the Board will set the direction for the improvement and effective and efficient operation of the College and will form the basis for the evaluation.
- The Board shall complete the annual review of the President by June 30 each year.
- Other characteristics or behaviors that affect the performance of the President in their role may be included in the assessment.
- The goals will conform to and expand on the strategic intents and directions set in the strategic plan.
- At its discretion, the Board may employ written assessment tools in its annual review.
- The formal evaluation shall result in a written record of performance and will be sealed and placed in the President’s personnel file for review only by Board members and the President.
- The President’s evaluation will form the basis for contract negotiations and compensation.
- Any three members of the Board may call for a special evaluation at any time they deem it necessary.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
The President and the Board Chair are responsible for initiating the annual review.
SFCC Governing Board approved: 8/28/08
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 12/16/14
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 1/23/19
Becky Rowley, Ph.D., President, 505-428-1201
Audrey Lucero, Executive Assistant to SFCC Boards