This policy sets the parameters for the evaluation of the CEO’s performance.
Scope and Applicability
The Board of Trustees and the President are bound by this policy.
The President of the College will be evaluated by the Board of Trustees collectively, annually, and systematically. The Board may also chose to evaluate the President at any time that it deems necessary. At the discretion of the Board, other constituent groups may be involved in the preparation of evaluation feedback.
- Annually the Board will set goals in conjunction with the President for the incoming year at its May meeting.
- The annual goals and expectations created by the President and the Board will set the direction for the improvement and effective and efficient operation of the College and will form the basis for the evaluation.
- Other characteristics or behaviors that affect the performance of the President in his role as CEO may be included in the assessment.
- The goals will conform and expand on the strategic intents and directions set in the strategic plan.
- At its discretion, the Board may employ written assessment tools in its annual review.
- The formal evaluation shall result in a written record of performance and will be sealed and placed in the CEO’s personnel file for review only by Board members and the CEO.
- The CEO evaluation will form the basis for contract negotiations and compensation.
Scope and Accountability
The President and the Chair of the Board will be responsible for initiating the annual review. Any three members of the Board may call for a special evaluation at any time they deem it necessary.
SFCC Governing Board approved: 8/28/08
Revised and First Reading of Revision: 11/18/14
Revised and SFCC Governing Board Approved: 12/16/14