- New, full-time, degree-seeking students will be notified about the required New Student Orientation (NSO) and advising in their letter of admission.
- These students will have an automatic hold on their account preventing them from registering until they attend NSO and attend an advising session.
- After students attend NSO and complete their advising session, the registration hold will be lifted.
- Student transcripts will reflect attendance at NSO.
- Students are advised and given assistance to register at the conclusion of NSO.
- Students will be provided with information about programs and resources that are available to enhance student success (such as Tuto1ing, Disability Services, and TRIO).
- All students will be informed about their role and responsibility in being successful students and in achieving their academic and career goals.
- The advising hold will be placed on student accounts each semester until the students have earned 16 cumulative credits.
- Continuing students with fewer than 16 completed credits will be able to attend a group advising session or make an appointment to meet with individually with an advisor.
- Students who are unable to attend New Student Orientation and/or meet with an advisor in person will have alternative options to complete these activities.
Contact: Tammy Duran, Director of Advising