- All employees must report leave to the Payroll Office using the College’s online system. Individual offices or managers may establish additional leave reporting methods to address specific needs (see below). However, regardless of the method used by an individual office or an individual manager, all hours must be entered in the online system.
- Employees assigned to approve time must make every effort to do so through the online system in a timely manner. Failure to do so creates significant unnecessary work for others. If employees with time approving duties do not approve their subordinates’ time in a timely manner, they must follow the instructions of the Payroll Office to remedy the problem.
- Time taken to address FMLA needs must be reported as with any other leave, and is to be entered as either sick leave or annual leave. Employees assigned to approve time are responsible for tracking the FMLA time and for providing notice to their supervisor when the leave balance for the FMLA accommodation is approaching a zero balance.
Individual Office Leave Tracking Systems
- Individual offices may adopt leave tracking systems as long as they do not deprive employees of access to earned leave. Examples of such systems may include, but are not limited to:
- Use of a time clock,
- An office-wide leave calendar to assure coverage, or
- Documentation of sick leave for fewer than three consecutive days claimed as sick.
- All leave tracking systems must be equitable, must address demonstrable management needs, must be available in writing and must be explained to all employees to whom it will apply. All leave tracking systems must be approved by the Executive Director of Human Resources prior to implementation.
- The Executive Director of Human Resources shall assure that the supervisor requesting the leave tracking system sufficiently documents the need and that the system is consistent with applicable wage and hour laws and College policies.
Contact: Employee Relations Manager