Employees who are hired to teach credit-bearing courses will provide documented credentials as required in Policy 3-12. Contracts to teach may be withheld for failure to provide required documentation.
- Documentation of credentials will be recorded on the Verification of Faculty Qualifications 2.0 database, with originals maintained in personnel files in the Office of Human Resources. Supporting documentation may include any portion of the following as appropriate:
- Official transcripts from an accredited institution if relevant to the position,
- Tested Experience: Documentation must include the portion of the record in support of a faculty member’s qualifications to teach the specified courses
- Recognized professional or industry certification(s),
- Professional portfolio,
- Documentation of relevant experience specific to the content of the course(s) for which the faculty member will teach, and/or
- Documentation of demonstrated skill sets.
- Documentation through the submission of a professional portfolio, documentation of relevant experience, demonstration of skill set, relevant credentials, or any combination of these will be verified by a recognized subject-matter-expert along with the relevant Chair, Dean, or Associate Dean. An explanation of the documentation will be included in the database form.
- The Verification of Faculty Qualifications to Teach is completed by designated personnel, and reviewed and approved by the Department Chair, Associate Dean, Dean, and Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs.
- A fully approved Verification of Faculty Qualifications to Teach, curriculum vitae or resume, official transcripts when applicable, and all other supporting documentation will reside in a personnel file in the Office of Human Resources.
Contact: Margaret Peters, Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs