This policy describes the process for developing the College’s official catalog and outlines the requirements for compiling and distributing Santa Fe Community College’s (SFCC or College) official catalog.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to all members of the College community.
The College catalog, which is published annually, communicates academic and institutional policies and describes academic programs and courses of study ensuring compliance with reporting requirements contained in the Higher Learning Commission’s Federal Compliance Filing by Institutions. The catalog is primarily for use by faculty, staff, and current and prospective students. It is distributed to educational institutions and other community agencies as appropriate.
- The academic and administrative offices shall be responsible for providing information for the College catalog as delegated by the appropriate administrator.
- The catalog is developed, published and made available annually.
- As a medium for transmission of official College academic policy, the catalog is a contract between the College and the student.
- The College reserves the right to change provisions or requirements included in the catalog and provide notice as appropriate.
- The College does not make new graduation requirements retroactive for students who have maintained continuous registration after acceptance into a curriculum.
- A student may elect to fulfill graduation requirements in effect at the time of graduation, or
- A student may elect to fulfill graduation requirements in effect at the time of the student’s initial enrollment in that degree program, provided that no more than five years have elapsed between the date of declaration of degree or certificate and the date of graduation.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
The President, through the Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs and the Academic and Student Affairs Coordinator, shall be responsible for enforcing academic procedures and policies. The Academic and Student Affairs Coordinator shall work with the different departments and offices to comply with this policy and develop procedures that will enforce this policy regarding awareness, prevention and remediation.
SFCC Governing Board approved: 1/15/02
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 4/26/17