ROAD TO SUCCESS
The Road to Success Scholarship assists students with tuition for their first semester to help them qualify for the New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship.
To qualify for the Road to Success Scholarship a student must:
- graduate from an accredited New Mexico high school or obtain a New Mexico GED
- have a high school transcript or GED transcript on file with SFCC’s Registrar’s Office
- declare an eligible major at SFCC (be degree-seeking)
- register for a minimum of 12 credit hours in the first semester after graduating high school or receiving a GED (unless on a disability waiver)
- complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov
- meet the requirements to be considered a New Mexico resident. Contact the Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270 for information regarding establishing residency
- complete a Legislative Lottery Disability Waiver if applicable (see below)
THE NEW MEXICO LEGISLATIVE LOTTERY SCHOLARSHIP
The New Mexico Legislative Lottery Scholarship assists with tuition for up to three semesters at SFCC for those who qualify.
If eligible, students can then transfer the scholarship to any four-year public university in New Mexico. To qualify for the Lottery Scholarship students must complete the same requirements as the Road to Success Scholarship with one exception: completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is not required.
Important note: Students with disabilities may qualify for the Lottery Scholarship even if they attend less than fulltime by completing the Legislative Lottery Disability Waiver at SFCC. Contact Disability Services at 505-428-1186 or 505-428-1455 for information.
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account.
Log into JACK, access email account in upper right hand corner, and create a new email using “email@example.com” in the address bar.
For more information please contact the Financial Aid office, 505-428-1268.