During the course of your academic career at Santa Fe Community College (SFCC), you may want to take a course(s) at another institution and transfer the course(s) back to your degree program at SFCC. This can be accomplished through a Consortium Agreement and you may be eligible to receive financial aid.
This Consortium Agreement is a contract between two colleges/universities that recognizes your registration at each location for financial aid purposes. It also certifies only one of the two institutions can administer Title IV and State financial aid.
This Consortium Agreement refers to the two colleges/universities as the “Home Campus” and the “Host Campus:”
The Home Institution is the school where the student is fully admitted and from which he/she will earn a degree. The Home institution pays out the financial aid to the student and will not pay any funds directly to the Host institution.
The Host Institution is where the student temporarily takes courses, whose credits will be transferred back to his/her “Home Campus.” The student is responsible to pay for the classes at the Host institution.
There are specific guidelines you must meet to complete this process.
- You must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have a completed financial aid file at SFCC.
- You must be a degree-seeking student at SFCC.
- The courses you are taking at the Host institution must transfer to the degree program at SFCC and be approved by your Academic Advisor.
- You must complete Section I of the Consortium Agreement Contract and take the form to the Host institution’s Financial Aid Office for completion of Section II.
- You must take the Consortium Agreement to your SFCC Academic Advisor for completion of section III.
- You must take the completed Consortium Agreement along with a copy of your class schedule from the Host institution to the SFCC Financial Aid Office.
Once the SFCC Financial Aid Office receives all required documents, your aid will be evaluated.
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account.
Log into MySFCC, access email account in upper right hand corner, and create a new email using “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the address bar.
For more information please contact the Financial Aid office, 505-428-1268.