Mission and Purpose
Advance Student Success and Mobility Through Collaboration and Innovation.
Embracing equity-centered principles is fundamental to OPIE’s organizational values, ensuring that fairness, inclusivity, and justice guide every aspect of our decision-making process. This approach helps to build, and re-shape SFCC’s systems so that it is centered around fairness and justice for the benefit of our students.
OPIE follows The Society for Human Resource Management’s ‘Four C’s’ of professionalism: critical thinking, communication, collaboration, and creativity. This view of professionalism focuses on problem solving and taking appropriate action, responsiveness and succinctly transmitting ideas, team building with diverse groups and different points of view, and innovative ideas informed by best practices.
Integrity is the cornerstone of OPIE, demanding unwavering honesty, transparency, and ethical behavior from every member of our team. We believe that upholding the highest standards of integrity not only builds trust within our office but also establishes a foundation for the College’s sustainable success and positive relationships with students and community stakeholders.
The Office’s role is to support the continuous quality improvement efforts on campus by providing unbiased information, evidence-based recommendations, equity-centered best practices, resources, and support to campus constituents. OPIE is committed to fostering a culture of integrity, innovation, and professionalism.
The Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness oversees the College’s strategic planning, accreditation, learning assessment, program review, institutional research, grants, and special projects. OPIE staff members engage in these activities through unified campus collaborative efforts with the aim of improving student success and mobility.
- Anthony Ulibarri, Senior Institutional Research Analyst
- Barbara Griego, Director of Institutional Research
- Julia Gallegos, Director of Planning and Quality
- Laura White, Director of Grants
- Nancy Uvalle-Ordonez Ph.D., Institutional Research Analyst
- Ruoyu Deng, TERM Institutional Research Analyst
- Ruthy Watson Ph.D., Director of Assessments, Program Review, and Special Projects
- Sabrina Calija, Institutional Research Analyst – Title V
- Todd Bruce, Strategic Planning and Special Projects Coordinator
- Larry Sanderson Ed.D., Term IR Director
- Yash Morimoto Ph.D., Vice President for Strategy and Organizational Effectiveness