Next Meeting: Friday, May 25, 2018, 9-11a.m. in the Board Room, West Wing Room 223
The purpose of the Board is to guarantee employees the right to organize and bargain collectively with their employee, to protect the rights of the employer and the employees and to promote harmonious and cooperative relationships between the employer and the employees; and to acknowledge the obligation of the employer and the employees to provide orderly and uninterrupted services to the citizens.
“Collective bargaining” means the act of negotiating between the employer and an exclusive representative for the purpose of entering into a written agreement regarding wages, hours, and other terms and conditions of employment.
Santa Fe Community College Resolution (excerpt), July 2005
Board Members and Officers
Marlene K. Schwaljé is President and CEO of Infinite Resolutions, LLC. She is committed to the organization and its people who seek to create a culture of respectful communication and collaboration from the workplace to the board room by building upon organizational and interpersonal strengths. She has mediated and facilitated with the New Mexico Public Education Special Education Bureau, the U.S. Bureau of Indian Education, Utah Board of Special Education, and serves as EEOC mediator with the U.S. Department of the Interior. She holds a degree in social work (community organizing/social casework) from Temple University (Penn.)
The Board will customarily meet on the second Friday of the month, or as needed.
SFCC Governing Board Resolutions
To communicate with the Board:
- Public Comment during Board meetings
- Communications Box: SFCC’s Labor Management Relations Board has set up a Communications Box at the Main Entrance for interested parties to submit comments and suggestions. Submissions will be collected daily and shared with the members of the Board.
- Submit a question/concern online
To submit an item or ask to be added to a Board Meeting Agenda, and/or to file a formal complaint (must be submitted in writing), and/or to contact the Custodian of Records, direct all correspondence to:
SFCC Labor Management Relations Board
Attn: Donna Wells, Executive Assistant to Boards
Santa Fe Community College
6401 Richards Avenue
Santa Fe, NM 87508
To File a Complaint
All complaints must include:
- the name, address and phone number of the respondent
- the specific section of the Resolution claimed to have been violated
- the name, address and phone number of the complainant
- a concise description of the facts constituting the asserted violation
- a declaration that the information provided is true and correct to the knowledge of the complaining party.
Please note that complaints must be filed with six months following the conduct claimed to violate the Resolution. For additional information, please see Section III in Rules and Regulations, above.