Welcome to all new and returning students! I hope you enjoyed your first week and are settling into the rhythm of your semester. I wanted to take this opportunity to share some information with you that might help make this semester a bit easier for you.
- Double check your class schedule to be sure you are enrolled in and attending the correct classes. You do not want to be dropped or failed simply because you have been attending the wrong section.
- Be sure to keep in contact with your faculty advisor or academic advisor throughout the semester. Our job is to not only help you with planning your future classes, but also to help you with other questions or difficulties you may encounter during this current semester. If you are not sure who your advisor is, you can stop by the Welcome and Advising Center and we can tell you.
- Please download this document for Important Deadlines for the Spring Semester. This can help you better plan for your semester and know when you are able to add, drop, or withdraw from a class.
- Counseling Services welcomes you to visit privately with a licensed professional counselor for support with personal, social and academic challenges. Counseling is a confidential, respectful process where you can feel safe discussing sensitive issues. Counseling services are available to registered SFCC students. All counseling services are free of charge. Our offices are located in Suite 201, adjacent to the Welcome and Enrollment Center.
- Student Accessibility Services (SAS) is here for students with IEPs and disabilities of any kind. We are located in room 311 the lower level of the West Wing and our phone number is 505-428-1711.
- TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) works with 160 SFCC students. Here are some of the services TRiO SSS provides:
- Academic Advising/Educational Planning – course selection, degree planning, transferring, etc.
- Academic Support – tutoring, mentoring, study skills, test taking, online resources
- Personal Advising – time and money management, managing stress, life skills, etc.
- Scholarship Application Assistance
- Stop by Room 313LL for more information
- The Tutoring Center is a free service for SFCC students enrolled in SFCC credit courses. We are here to support your academic success. We can assist you with these subjects and more; Math, Sciences, English /Writing, Accounting /Business, Engineering, Computer Science. Our hours of operations are Monday through Thursday 9 a.m.–6 p.m., Friday 9 a.m.-3 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m.-2 p.m. For additional information you can call the Tutoring Center reception desk at 505-428-1260.
- Your SFCC Library is here for you. Whether you need to study, relax, or just have a quiet space to gather your thoughts, the Library is a beautiful space to be. The Library staff is friendly and welcoming and eager to help. Here are some of the many resources available to you:
- Reserves — textbooks for many classes are on reserve which can be used in the Library
- Study rooms — available for group or individual study
- Professional librarians — available for help with research and other questions
- Electronic resources — available 24/7 both on and off campus
- Magazine and journal articles
- Streaming video
- Test Preparation
- College success skills
- Reference resources
- Digital images (high resolution)
- Physical items — including books, dvds, and cds
- Interlibrary loan — for items that we don’t own
- Check out the Library!
We are all committed to helping you achieve success on your journey as a SFCC student. Please let us know how we can support you!
Heidi Weingart, M.A.
Director of Advising/First Year Experience