The Virtual Commencement Ceremony will celebrate the graduates of SFCC’s Class of 2020 on Saturday, December 12 at 10 a.m.
This a purely online and broadcast event. No in-person attendance will take place.
– 62.1 percent are from Santa Fe; 6.3 percent from Albuquerque, 2.5 percent from Rio Rancho, 2.4 percent from Pecos, 1.7 from Pecos, 1.3 percent from Los Alamos. The remaining graduates are from 36 communities around the state (ranging from Alamogordo to Vaughan) with the highest concentration from Northern New Mexico.
– The graduates range in age from 18 to 74.
– Almost half (53.8 percent) self-identify as Latino/Hispanic, and 5.4 percent identify themselves exclusively as American Indian or Alaska Native.
5 graduates identify themselves as military veterans, military spouses or dependents of military veterans.
– Two awards are being given for the first time at the college this year, including Spanish Certificate (1) and Web Development Certificate (1). The latter is in the Computer and Information Systems program, which emphasizes programming for the web. Note: The college also offers a Media Arts Web Design Certificate with more of a design focus.
– The highest number of awards are in: Nursing Assistant Certificate (99), Early Childhood Development Certificate (43), Nursing, A.A.S (29) and Human Services A.A (18).
– The associate degrees to be awarded include Associate in Arts (50) Associate in Applied Arts (1) and Associate in Applied Science (63).
Press Release: SFCC Announces Virtual Fall 2020 Commencement
For more information, contact Kathleen Sena at firstname.lastname@example.org | 505-428-1264