Special Governing Board Meeting Agenda Feb, 29, 2016
Special Governing Board Meeting
Santa Fe Community College
Determination of quorum and call to order
Welcome from the Chair
Adoption of Agenda
• FY17 Budget Discussion:
- Presentation and discussion of mil levy options (both capital and operational)
- Legislative appropriation
- Summary of new budget requests (feedback from committee)
- Discussion of required new expenditures
*The Governing Board reserves the right to take action on any item on the agenda.
- This is an open forum for those persons who wish to offer brief comments to the board and who have signed up to do so on the night of the meeting. Presentations are limited to five minutes. Groups of persons who wish to address the board on the same topic should delegate a single spokesperson to make their presentation.
- During the Public Comments section of the agenda, any member of the public may request to address the board in open meeting on a matter of public interest. This includes college employees when speaking as members of the public.
- Public Comment presentations are made for informational purposes only. If the board feels the matter warrants further attention, it can be placed on the agenda for a subsequent meeting.
** Closed SessionsThe “Open Meetings Act” NMSA 1978, section 10-15-1-H and I, authorizes the governing board to retire to closed session for discussion of : limited personnel matters Section 10-15-1-H(2); bargaining strategy preliminary to collective bargaining; purchases exceeding $2500 (10-15-1(H)(6) NMSA 1978; pending or threatened litigation (10-15-1(H)(7) NMSA 1978); and/or real property or water rights, acquisition/disposition provided (10-15-1-(H)(8): (a) motion to close is made in open meeting and approved by a majority roll-call vote; (b) the authority to close and the subject for discussion are stated with reasonable specificity in the motion; and (c) when board returns from closed session, board chair announces that no matters were discussed in closed session except those specified in the motion for closure.
NotesItems do not have to be taken in the order shown on the agenda. In the event that a quorum consisting of three members of the governing board is not present, but at least two members are present, those members in attendance shall constitute an ad hoc Standing Committee of the board and shall meet as the same under this notice to consider items on this agenda for all purposes, including recommendations to a duly constituted quorum of the board but excluding any action, decision, or vote that must be taken by a quorum of members of the governing board.