The Financial Responsibility Agreement outlines and informs students of the financial obligations and responsibilities associated with enrolling for classes.

New and returning students should follow the New Student Checklist  Returning students who have not attend SFCC in more than 3 years will have to submit a new application.

Degree status is granted to students who have declared an intention to pursue a particular degree or certificate by following a prescribed program and sequence of study.

Non-degree status is granted to applicants who wish to take courses for their own purposes without intending to seek any degree or certificate. A high school diploma is not required for admission, but age requirements may apply.

Go to the page for First Time Students then click on “Apply to SFCC ONLINE” and follow the instructions, OR use the printable form. Download and print the SFCC Admission Form (Adobe PDF document) and apply by mail.

An international student with a nonimmigrant visa seeking an F-1 visa must apply for admissions on a full-time, degree-seeking basis. Go to the International Students page and follow the instructions.

Yes, high school and GED students can enroll at SFCC. Follow the directions on how to apply for admission. Learn more about programs for high school students and GED students.

Yes, SFCC does accept the GED.

Yes, you can. You should visit with your academic advisor to determine the best program to follow. Visit the Welcome and Advising page for information on how to schedule an appointment with an advisor.

Yes. Students who audit a credit course do not earn a grade or college credit. Audited courses do not count toward a certificate or degree. Standard prerequisites, tuition and fees apply.

SFCC offers the following types of degrees:

The Associate in Arts degree is intended to prepare students to transfer to bachelor’s degree programs at four-year institutions. The AA gives emphasis to those majoring in the Arts, Humanities and Behavioral and Social Sciences. Visit the Academics index page of our website for a list of education options.

The Associate in Science degree is intended to prepare students to transfer to bachelor’s degree programs at four-year institutions. The AS gives emphasis to those majoring in Engineering, Technology and the sciences with substantial undergraduate requirements in mathematics and the natural sciences. This program also allows students to develop a degree plan with an emphasis in the biological sciences. Students work closely with their transfer institutions and their SFCC advisors to ensure the best transition to four-year institutions.

The Associate in Applied Arts degree is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in specific occupations; they are not generally intended to transfer to four-year institutions.

The Associate in Applied Science degree is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in specific occupations; they are not generally intended to transfer to four-year institutions.

Certificates are one-year programs intended to prepare the student for employment.

Students applying for federal financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) available online at For complete information regarding financial aid and scholarships, go to the financial aid page or contact the Financial Aid Office at 505-428-1268.

Whether you’ve received a work-study award as part of your financial aid packet or you are hoping to earn a little cash while you go to school, the Student Employment Office will get you started. Contact the Student Employment Office at 505-428-1285 for more information.

Yes, SFCC awards numerous scholarships. Specific scholarship descriptions and eligibility criteria are provided throuth the Financial Aid web pages. Go to the Scholarships page or call the Financial Aid Office at 505-428-1268.

SFCC offers numerous support services to students. Go to the Student Services menu link and scroll down to Student Support for a listing of all support services available.

Yes, SFCC offers services to qualified students with disabilities. SFCC follows the guidelines outlined in the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and provides for reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with documented disabilities. Go to Student Accessibility Services for more information on services available.

Find out SFCC’s current tuition and fees from the Tuition and Fees page.

MySFCC is SFCC’s Web portal that’s a fast and easy way for SFCC students, faculty and staff to communicate. Once you have applied to SFCC, you are ready to log onto your student account – MySFCC. Click on the MySFCC login icon (top right on black menu bar on every page). Log in to MySFCC with your user name and password.

Category: New Students

Yes, you can register and pay online once you’ve logged onto your MySFCC account. Select the Registration tab, click on Tuition and Fees/Payment Deadlines and click on Payment Options

Category: New Students

Payment plans allow you to pay your tuition in up to three installments. A $15 setup fee and 25% down payment are required. Payment plans can be set up on your MySFCC account by selecting the Registration tab, clicking on Tuition and Fees/Payment Deadlines and clicking on Payment Options and locating SFCC Payment Plan.

If you are a new student visiting with an Academic Advisor is important. The advisor will help you determine which course work is best for you. Make sure you have taken your Accuplacer exam prior to meeting with the advisor as this will help expedite your meeting.

You can drop or withdraw in the following ways:
Through your MySFCC account
By submitting a written request to the Welcome and Advising Center
By faxing your request to 505-428-1468
Mail to:
The Welcome and Advising Center
6401 Richards Ave.
Santa Fe, NM 87508NOTE: Verbal requests, whether made in person or by phone, cannot be processed. Do not assume that you are automatically dropped or withdrawn from a class for nonattendance or nonpayment. Official drops or withdrawals from class(es) must be

In order to transfer credits from another institution to SFCC, you should request official transcripts be sent directly to:
SFCC Records Office
6401 Richards Ave.
Santa Fe, NM 87508

Once the transcripts arrive at the Registrar’s Office, they will be evaluated to determine courses that transfer to SFCC for the program of study you have selected. The Declaration of Major form is also available online and can be printed, completed and mailed to the above address. Also, for more information on transfer credits, visit the Registrar’s Office page.

Students may declare a major when completing the admissions application or by completing the Declaration of Major form and submitting it to the Welcome and Advising Center. The forms can be found on the Welcome and Advising Center page. Undecided/Undeclared and Non-degree seeking students should use the same form.

Students may fulfill course prerequisites by:

  • Completing the required course with a grade of “C” or better
  • Demonstrating proficiency on a placement test
  • Submitting qualifying ACT, SAT, AP or CLEP scores
  • Submitting transcripts from another institution that demonstrates completion of an equivalent course with a grade of “C” or better
  • You may be permitted to waive a prerequisite based on demonstrated mastery of skills. A student must petition the appropriate department chair or designee for permission to waive a prerequisite.

If you have forgotten your SFCC username or password please contact the SFCC Help Desk at (505) 428-1222 or by email at You will be asked to provide your DOB and A number. If you do not know your A number, you might be asked one or more of the following questions to confirm your identity: home address, phone number, classes you are currently enrolled in, and courses you have taken previously.