CAREER WALK-IN CLINIC
Individual, 45 minute appointments with a professional career counselor. All career issues and questions addressed. These include
– Career Exploration, deciding on a major, re-careering
– Job Search Assistance and skill development, including resume and cover letter assistance
– Competitive resume and cover letter creation, re-working
– Education and training options
Must register in person in Career Services office, room 204-E on the day of the clinic, any time after office opens at 8 am. See Walk In Clinic Schedule.
GET THAT JOB MODULES
are self-study learning modules. These learning modules are designed to supplement individual work with a Career Services Coordinator. Modules include
- “What Kind of Job/Work Do I Want to Do?” Career Interest Assessment (available online in Your New Job and in the Career Services office)
- “What Makes a Great Resume?” Includes examples and templates (available online in Your New Job)
- “Successful Interviewing” includes practice questions and suggested answers (available online in Your New Job)
- “Facebook, LinkedIn and other Online Profile sites” includes tutorials and examples (available online in Your New Job)
Sign up to access the Your New Job database on our Job Postings web page
JOB SEARCH RESOURCES
Go to our Job Postings web page, linked in the right margin, to access Your New Job our online job search database for off campus jobs. We also have a Favorite Employers List, linked directly to their careers and job postings pages, on-campus and off-campus career and job fair notices, and information to assist undocumented job seekers.
CAREER FAIRS AND EMPLOYER RECRUITER VISITS
- Every April, we hold our Fantastic Futures Career, Education, and Training Resource Fair in the Campus Center and Main Hall, which is free to students, alumni, and community members, with no preregistration required.. Employer vendors may register for a table via the Employer Services webpage or contact Career Services to get on the invitation mailing list.
- Every November, a mini-career fair is offered as part of the Veterans and Family Appreciation Day celebration., which is open to the community and non-veterans..Employer vendors may register for a table via the Employer Services webpage or contact Career Services to get on the invitation mailing list.
- Special on-campus employer recruiting events are offered frequently to new businesses and employers hiring many positions at once. Events are listed on the campus calendar, the Career Services Job Postings page, advertised on SFCC Connect, and campus information screens.
- Off campus career fairs and employer recruiting events are also promoted on the Job Postings web page.
RESUME REVIEW* DAY
FREE, 45-minute individual consult appointments
- Register in person on Resume Day in room 204-E any time after 8 am or call 428-1303 to schedule in advance up to two days before the clinic
- Open to students and community members
- BRING YOUR MOST RECENT RESUME, preferably on a flash drive
*Resumes are created and also reviewed at Walk-In Clinics. See above
Offered occasionally. View Career Services Schedule
Helpful Blog essays with insider information and explanations how human resources systems work, written by SFCC Senior Career Services Coordinator, Patty Armstrong, a professionally certified career development facilitator, with over 19 years of experience, over 12 of them working with Santa Fe employers.