CAREER WALK-IN CLINIC
Individual, 45 minute appointments with a professional career counselor. All career issues and questions addressed. These include
– Career Exploration, deciding on a major, re-careering
– Job Search Assistance and skill development
– Competitive resume and cover letter creation, re-working
– Education and training options
Must register in person in Career Services office, room 204-E on the day of the clinic, any time after office opens at 8 am. See Walk In Clinic Schedule.
RESUME REVIEW* DAY
FREE, 45-minute individual consult appointments
- Register in person on Resume Day in room 204-E any time after 8 am or call 428-1303 to schedule in advance up to two days before the clinic
- Open to students and community members
- BRING YOUR MOST RECENT RESUME, preferably on a flash drive
*Resumes are created and also reviewed at Walk-In Clinics. See above
Offered occasionally. View Career Services Schedule
A free support group for adult job seekers, both students and community members. Facilitated by a professional career counselor, Job Club offers new ideas and resources for your job search and personal presentation, along with encouragement and the feeling that you’re not alone in this challenging process. Frequently includes POST JOB CLUB EMPLOYER RECRUITER VISITS. View Job Club and Employer Recruiter Schedule.
BACK TO WORK 50+ WOMEN’S ECONOMIC STABILITY INITIATIVE
This grant funded initiative is in partnership with AARP Foundation and the Social Innovation Fund.
Our next SEVEN SMART STRATEGIES FOR 50+ JOB SEEKERS WORKSHOP is Friday October 7, 10 AM-12 PM in the Jemez rooms. Preregister by calling, toll-free, 855-850-2525. Registration can also happen at the door, the day of the event. Participation in a Workshop is required for acceptance in the full Back to Work 50+ program of support services. Click here for brochure.
Blog essays written by SFCC Senior Career Services Coordinator, Patty Armstrong.
GET THAT JOB MODULES
are self-study learning modules available in our computer lab and inside YOUR NEW JOB online career management system. These learning modules are designed to supplement individual work with a Career Services Coordinator. Modules include
- What Kind of Job/Work Do I Want to Do?
- Job Search Strategies
- What Makes a Great Resume?
- Navigating the Online Application
- Creating A Professional Portfolio
- Successful Interviewing
- Facebook, LinkedIn and other Online Profile sites