CAREER WALK-IN CLINIC
Individual, 45 minute appointments with a professional career counselor. All career issues and questions addressed. These include
– Career Exploration, deciding on a major, re-careering
– Job Search Assistance and skill development
– Competitive resume and cover letter creation, re-working
– Education and training options
Must register in person in Career Services office, room 204-E on the day of the clinic, any time after office opens at 8 am. See Walk In Clinic Schedule.
JOB CLUB WEEKLY SUPPORT GROUP
A free support group for adult job seekers, both students and community members. Facilitated by a professional career counselor, Job Club offers new ideas and resources for your job search and personal presentation, along with encouragement and the feeling that you’re not alone in this challenging process. Frequently includes POST JOB CLUB EMPLOYER RECRUITER VISITS. View Job Club and Employer Recruiter Schedule.
RESUME REVIEW* DAY
FREE, 45-minute individual consult appointments
- Register in person on Resume Day in room 204-E any time after 8 am or call 428-1303 to schedule in advance up to two days before the clinic
- Open to students and community members
- BRING YOUR MOST RECENT RESUME, preferably on a flash drive
*Resumes are created and also reviewed at Walk-In Clinics. See above
Offered occasionally. View Career Services Schedule
GET THAT JOB MODULES
are self-study learning modules. These learning modules are designed to supplement individual work with a Career Services Coordinator. Modules include
- What Kind of Job/Work Do I Want to Do? (also available online in Your New Job)
- Job Search Strategies
- What Makes a Great Resume? (also available online in Your New Job)
- Navigating the Online Application
- Creating A Professional Portfolio
- Successful Interviewing (also available online in Your New Job)
- Facebook, LinkedIn and other Online Profile sites (also available online in Your New Job)
JOB SEARCH RESOURCES
Go to our Job Postings web page, linked in the right margin, to access Your New Job our online job search database for off campus jobs. We also have a Favorite Employers List, linked directly to their careers and job postings pages, on-campus and off-campus career and job fair notices, and information to assist undocumented job seekers.
Blog essays written by SFCC Senior Career Services Coordinator, Patty Armstrong.