Join STEM Core to start your Engineering, CS or IT Degree, Accelerate through Math and ignite your future. Coming Fall 2019.
Learn about the program in an information session 12:30 to 3:30 p.m., Thursday, April 25 in room 216.
This session will explain the program to potential students and they can provide information to SFCC’s industry partner Los Alamos National Laboratory LANL about the STEM Core Network possibilities. In collaboration with LANL, successful STEM Core students will be eligible to apply for paid summer internships at LANL or at other locations across the U.S. Military veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Are you interested in Engineering, CS or IT?
- Are you ready for MATH 1215 (Intermediate Algebra) or MATH 1220 (College Algebra)?
- Do you want to challenge yourself with intensive learning in math and engineering, CS or IT in a cohort-based environment (classes, tutoring and co-curricular).
Then, accelerate through your mathematics courses, and get started on your Engineering, CS or IT program.
Goals of the Network include:
* Developing a STEM Core program designed to increase the number and diversity of students in STEM fields
* Developing continuing employer-driven pathways leading to a degree and STEM careers in Engineering and IT;
* Offering students a broad range of internship, and employment opportunities.
The STEM Core Initiative
SFCC School of Sciences, Health, Engineering and Math