- This event has passed.
Creating a Clean Transportation Future for Santa Fe
November 16, 2017 @ 3:30 pm - 5:00 pm
WHEN: Thursday November 16th 3:30 outside the Santa Fe Community College Trades and Advanced Technology Center (as pictured above):
WHAT: Join us for this special event & press conference to both (1) look forward to the day when we will not need gas powered cars (and not need to pollute the earth to get around) but rather we will use Electric Vehicles (EVs) along with a state of the art clean energy grid & (2) embrace near term steps we can take in the EV arena to help Create a Clean Transportation Future for Santa Fe.
• Co-Host Santa Fe Community College Trades and Advanced Technology Center / Luke Spangenburg will briefly introduce the event & highlight SFCC’s relevant efforts (including EV’s, Renewables on Campus, biofuels & micro grid).
• Co-Host Sustainable Santa Fe Commission / Chair Beth Beloff will highlight impressive green transportation initiatives in the new 25 Year Sustainability Plan (which also calls for 100% renewable energy) & introduce Councilor Peter Ives & the Mayor w/ hopes for enacting a green transportation/EV related resolution.
• Mayor Javier Gonzales will headline and speak about steps we can take to help Create Santa Fe’s Clean Transportation/EV Future;
• Co-Host Climate Change Leadership Institute / Founder Robb Hirsch will present the Climate Courage Award to the Mayor, and seed grants in his name to Chainbreaker Collective to elevate issues of access & affordability & the Green Chamber to make EV inroads within our community.
• Co-Host Santa Fe Green Chamber of Commerce / Executive Director Glenn Schiffbauer will wrap up & announce nxt steps including Plug in America event.
For more information: contact Robb Hirsch @ 505-988-3364 or Beth Beloff @ 505-467-8530