The mission of the SFCC Science on a Sphere® Theater is to increase understanding of Earth’s systems and environments for all learners.
Want an SOS Educator to make a presentation to your class, please contact us with:
Using NOAA and NASA datasets, SOS has developed unique programs that allow the SOS audiences to observe:
- Real-time weather, historical weather systems and projected future weather patterns.
- The depth and intensity of real-time earthquakes, historical earthquakes and related tsunamis.
- Real-time volcanic activity and historic eruptions.
- Tectonic plate movements, with related earthquakes, volcanoes and tsunamis.
- Ocean temperatures, currents and scientific buoy locations.
- Climate change information and projections of climate change impacts.
- Earth’s shifting magnetic fields and historical aurora activity.
- Using NASA datasets, we can tour the solar system’s planets and their moons.
- Movement of migrating sharks, whales, birds and other migratory animals.
- These are just a few of the hundreds of projections possible at the Science on a Sphere Theater
- Additional curriculum available at https://sos.noaa.gov/What_is_SOS/