The Presidential Diversity Advisory Committee has created this application so that you may request up to $400 for a diversity related event at SFCC. Download application.
The SFCC PDAC acknowledges the rich diversity of the community we serve. The PDAC will develop, implement, and measure activities in support of achieving the diversity goals.
The Santa Fe Community College Board and SFCC’s president have expressed a strong commitment to diversity at SFCC. A demonstration of this commitment has been the establishment of the President’s Diversity Task Force in spring 2007, which became the President’s Diversity Advisory Committee in 2008. The task force is comprised of staff, faculty and students that encompass a broad campus community representation.
SFCC Governing Board Diversity Policy 1-24:
The Santa Fe Community College Governing Board is committed to achieving diversity on campus that reflects the diversity of the community that we serve. Principles of diversity will guide teaching and learning and will influence all programs and activities of the college, including outreach, curriculum, hiring, communications, policy direction, partnership and student support. Diversity reflects the core value of the college to serve all student population regardless of race, age, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, physical or mental handicap or disability, serious medical condition, veteran’s status or spousal affiliation.
Strategic Priority: Commit to Diversity of Students, Faculty and Staff
Because the college strives both to reflect the diversity of its community and celebrate its value we commit to actively promoting diversity in all its aspects in our enrollment, hiring, and professional development practices.
SFCC President’s Diversity Advisory Committee – DIVERSITY GOALS
The PDTF has established nine diversity goals for Santa Fe Community College.
- Goal 1: Define diversity for SFCC
- Goal 2: Develop a diversity action plan for SFCC
- Goal 3: Curriculum: Develop, implement and revitalize curriculum to reflect diversity in content, perspectives and pedagogy
- Goal 4: Data and Analysis: Collect and analyze data to enhance and improve programs/policies to meet diversity goals
- Goal 5: Hiring Practices: Increase diversity among faculty, staff and administrators to reflect our community
- Goal 6: Recruitment and Retention: Acknowledging that students come first, increase diversity in student population that reflects diverse cultural backgrounds
- Goal 7: Increase Community Partnerships: Improve and increase partnerships and workforce development within our diverse community
- Goal 8: Campus Climate: Create a campus where sensitivity and respect are demonstrated
- Goal 9: Diversity communication at SFCC
President’s Diversity Advisory Committee
Welcome and Advising Center
Center of Excellence, New Mexico Energy Smart Academy
Plant Operations Management