This certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses will prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance Suspension and Steering (ASE A-4).
Students can earn the following degree related to this certificate:
- A.A.S. in Automotive Technology
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose automotive suspension and steering system problems.
- Diagnose and interpret geometric specifications and determine corrective repair operations.
- Diagnose, repair and assemble suspension and steering system to OEM specification.
- Diagnose and repair computer control diagnostic trouble codes which affect the operation of an electronic suspension and steering system.
- Master the proper use of the computerized equipment used in the repair of these systems.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (20 HRS.)
ENGL 109 English Review (3)
BLDG 115 Trades Math (3)
ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive Service (2)
ATEC 112L Engine Repair (4)
ATEC 115L Automotive Steering and Suspension Systems (4)
ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems I (4)
TOTAL 20 CREDITS