This certificate provides students with an understanding of the basic issues regarding sustainability, renewable energy and water conservation. Students will acquire skills needed to seek entry-level positions in a wide range of energy- and water-related businesses and/or consider starting their own business
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Provide leadership in creating and maintaining a safe working environment.
- Recognize wasteful practices and recommend sustainable alternatives
- Measure and describe energy and its relationship to sustainable energy systems.
- Develop and articulate a definition of sustainability.
- Understand the principles of entrepreneurship and creating a sustainable small business
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (22 HRS.)
DRFT 111 Drafting I (3)
ELEC 111 Electronic Fundamentals (4)
ENVR 111 Introduction to Sustainability (3) S
ENVR 112 Introduction to Sustainable Energy Technologies (3)
ENVR 113 Instrumentation and Controls Lab (3)
ENVR 115 Introduction to Water Conservation Technologies (3)
ENVR 119 General Industry Health and Safety (3)
RELATED REQUIREMENTS: (12 HRS.)
BSAD 119 Entrepreneurial – Planning and
ENGL 119 Professional Communications (3)
MATH 115 Technical Mathematics (3)
PHIL 258 Environmental Ethics and
Sustainability (3) S
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 34 CREDITS MIN.