Upon successful completion of this certificate students have the technical skills for entry-level employment in the field of social media. Students will utilize multiple social media platforms and integrate multiple hardware and software tools necessary to create media campaigns. Students will have the chance to prepare for social media professional certifications. The curriculum is designed for students who are interested in working in collaborative and creative culture environments with entertainment, journalism and media professionals.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Use multiple social media and cloud-based programs to execute short social media campaigns.
- Design a social media campaign and the elements needed to create accounts and posts.
- Create and manage media, media storage, posts and blogs.
- Apply knowledge of ethics and law, including copyright and trademark law, to social media campaigns.
- Demonstrate professional readiness for a career as a social media specialist.
- Demonstrate the use of internet evaluation tools to assess the success of campaigns, including fundraising and e-commerce.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (14 HRS.)
FDMA 1470 Introduction to Social Media Basics (online) 2 credits
FDMA 1475 Social Media Basics (online) 2 credits
FDMA 1515 Introduction to Digital Image Editing (online or on-campus) 3 credits
FDMA 2430 Copyright and Media (online) 1 credit
FDMA 2460 Applying Social Media Techniques I (online) 2 credits
FDMA 2470 Applying Social Media Techniques II (online) 2 credits
ARTS 1414 Camera Use and the Art of Seeing (online) 3 credits
APPROVED ELECTIVES: (6 HRS)
Choose from the following:
ARTS 1220 Art Practices I (on-campus) 3 credits
FDMA 1360 Web Design I (online or on-campus) 3 credits
FDMA 1210 Digital Video Production I (on-campus) 3 credits
FDMA 2230 Media and the Environment (on-campus) 3 credits