This certificate program is designed for those working in mechanical engineering technology or related fields. It is designed to provide a solid foundation in mechanical engineering technology and can lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology. Students learn about Engineering Design Methodology which includes design 133 projects with prototypes that integrate engineering technologies from software 3D modeling to laboratory experience in advanced manufacturing lab and electronics lab.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and communicate design goals, constraints, and methodology within the engineering fields of discipline.
- Evaluate, construct, and utilize design models to identify and solve problems related to project management.
- Implement engineering design methodology to predict both primary and alternative solutions.
- Evaluate and solve engineering problems related to course content.
- Articulate and justify both technical considerations and solutions through oral, written, and graphical communication methods in engineering problems.
- Effectively solve problems in teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility in the field of engineering.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (16 Hours)
ENGR 111 Intro to Engineering (3)
ENGR 121 Engineering Graphics (3)
ENGR 231 Engineering Graphics II (3)
ENVR 113 Instrumentation and Control (3)
ENGR 260 Mechanical Engineering Design (2)
ENGR 260L Mechanical Engineering Design Lab (2)