This program concentrates on the development of skills in intercultural communication, problem solving, conflict resolution, facilitation, and the incorporation of leadership ethics when interacting with others for personal, professional, and academic enhancement.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply mediation and conflict resolution techniques
- Develop an effective business plan.
- Demonstrate strong public speaking and interpersonal communication skills.
- Facilitate and communicate with diverse groups
- Demonstrate skills in leadership ethics.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (10 HRS.)
HUDV 260 Student Leadership (3)
HUDV 270 Service Leadership (3)
HUSV 153 Mediation/Conflict Resolution (3)
SERV 190 Service Learning (1)
RELATED REQUIREMENTS: (6 HRS.)
BSAD 211 Principles of Management (3)
Choose one of the following:
ANTH 235 Intercultural Communication (3)
HUMS 150 Introduction to Culture and
Gender Studies (3)
SOCI 216 Race, Class and Gender (3)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 16 CREDITS MIN.