Successful completion of this certificate prepares students to provide IT support for smart grid and micro grid technologies in the areas of hardware and software maintenance, networking, and computer security. The program also prepares students for certification tests in computer hardware and software, computer networks, and computer security.
Students can earn the following degree related to this certificate:
- A.A.S. in Computer and Information Technologies
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Identify the function of a variety of computer software applications.
- Provide accurate technical explanations of the role of the major components of a computer.
- Perform routine network administrative tasks, including network operating system (NOS) installations and upgrades, user administration, and resource sharing.
- Troubleshoot and repair various network and computer problems.
- Identify and correct computer security risks.
ELEC 111 Electronic Fundamentals (4)
ELEC 151 Power Generation, Transmission, and Distribution (3)
ENVR 112 Introduction to Sustainable Energy Technologies (3)
ENVR 113 Instrumentation and Controls (3)
ELEC 201 Smart Energy Management Systems (3)
ISCS 114 IT Essentials I: Computer Hardware and Software (4)
ISCS 122 Computer Networks (3)
ISCS 171 Computer and Security Fundamentals (3)
ISCS 273 Computer and Network Defense and Countermeasures (3)
ISCS 298 Internship (3)