Upon successful completion of this certificate students have a short film that they can take to film festivals and use as a launching point for their work as a filmmaker and entrepreneur in the media industry. Students participate in an intensive program with film professionals in a capstone experience where they create a business plan, produce, direct, shoot, edit and publicly screen a short film. The program is application based and students are selected on their digital video portfolio work, previous successful course work in Film Crew I and II or professional and/or academic experience and letters of reference. The curriculum is designed for students who are interested in working in a collaborative and creative culture in mentorship with filmmaking professionals.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Work and collaborate with team members in all aspects of film production.
- Solve problems related to producing, directing, shooting and editing a short film.
- Create a business plan for directing and producing films.
- Apply filmmaking skills to complete a short film.
- Demonstrate professional readiness as a filmmaker.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (27 HRS.)
FILM 240 Film Crew III (9)
FILM 241 Film Crew IV (9)
FILM 242 Film Crew V (9)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 32 CREDITS