This certificate is designed for students planning to enter the hospitality industry and for those already working in the industry by providing them with the requisite knowledge and techniques for becoming a professional in these areas.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
· Apply effective techniques in hospitality and tourism supervision.
· Demonstrate appropriate communication skills for operational and human resource supervision.
· Describe the basic elements needed to forecast and create departmental budgets.
· Identify elements of a hospitality and tourism marketing plan.
· Demonstrate the use of standard operational processes.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (19 HRS.)
CULA 115 Culinary Fundamentals (4)
HRMG 114 Introduction to Tourism (3)
HRMG 115 Customer Relations (3)
HRMG 116 Introduction to Hospitality Management (3)
HRMG 220 Dining Room Service and Beverage Management (3)
HRMG 240 Hospitality and Tourism Marketing (3)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 19 CREDITS