This certificate program is designed for those working in engineering technology or related fields. It assists students in providing support to engineers or assist in engineering functions. It is designed to provide a solid foundation in engineering technology and can lead to an associate or baccalaureate degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Students learn about engineering design methodology which includes design projects that integrate engineering technologies from civil and mechanical engineering software modeling (such as AutoCAD and SolidWorks) to laboratory experience in the advanced manufacturing lab and electronics lab.
Students can earn the following degrees related to this certificate:
- A.S. in General Engineering and Engineering Technologies
- A.A.S. in General Engineering
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Evaluate and communicate design goals, constraints, and methodology within the engineering fields of discipline.
- Evaluate, construct, and utilize design models to identify and solve problems related to project management.
- Implement engineering design methodology to predict both primary and alternative solutions.
- Evaluate and solve engineering problems related to course content.
- Articulate and justify both technical considerations and solutions through oral, written, and graphical communication methods in engineering problems.
- Effectively solve problems in teams.
- Demonstrate an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility in the field of engineering.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (16 Hours)
ENGR 111 Introduction to Engineering (3)
ENGR 121 Engineering Graphics (3)
ENGR 160 Engineering Graphics and Design (3)
ENGR 260 Mechanical Engineering Design (2)
ENGR 260L Mechanical Engineering Design Lab (2)
ENVR 113 Instrumentation and Controls (3)