Students choosing this certificate acquire leadership and technical skills related to digital film production and editing, allowing them to work as an individual or in a team production environment. This certificate does not guarantee membership, employment or contract work in the film industry.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Illustrate the relationship between film and other artistic mediums.
- Express themselves through the vocabulary of film.
- Demonstrate storytelling from idea to script to production using current technologies.
- Design and model the collaborative process of filmmaking.
- Demonstrate a broad understanding of the global impact of media.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (12 HRS. MIN.)
FILM 140 Film Crew I (4)
FILM 140L Film Crew I Lab (1) ♥
FILM 141 Film Crew II (4)
FILM 298 Film Crew Internship (3)
RELATED REQUIREMENTS: (12 HRS. MIN.)
Choose from the following:
FILM 130 Video Production I (3)
FILM 135 Girls Make Media (3)
FILM 136 Women Make Media (3)
FILM 131 Editing I (3)
FILM 231 Editing II (3)
FILM 280 Digital Cinematography (3)
FILM 232 Editing III (3)
FILM 236 Sound for Film (3)
FILM 239 Producing and Directing the Independent
FILM 240 Film Crew III (9)
FILM 281 Advanced Digital Cinematography (3)
Any MART course
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 24 CREDITS MIN.