Successful completion of this certificate prepares students for a career in information technology. Students learn best practices in troubleshooting, networking, and security for a variety of digital devices from mobile to traditional operating systems. Students prepare to take the CompTIA A+ exam or Network+ exam, which validate technical and professional knowledge, skills, and abilities. These industry-recognized exams increase employability worldwide.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Apply operating system tools for system management.
- Build operating system tools.
- Perform routine network administrative tasks.
- Install, update, and configure hardware components.
- Install and update software.
- Use basic tools and best practices to protect an organization’s data.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (13 HRS.)
ISCS 114 IT Essentials I: Computer Hardware and Software (4)
ISCS 116 Introduction to Linux (3)
ISCS 117 Linux Certification Preparation (3)
ISCS 122 Computer Networks (3)
ISCS 298 Internship (3)