Successful completion of this certificate prepares students as information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011 and CNSSI No. 4016 Entry Level Risk Analysis or provides current Information Systems professionals with an Information Systems security certification to meet the needs of current and future employer requirements. Upon completion of the program students will be prepared to take the CompTIA Security+ test.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain how information technologies gather, store, process and communicate information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cyber security implementation issues and policies from multiple perspectives including from an organizational, managerial, technician and an end user experience.
- Articulate the risks and threats to an organization’s data.
- Demonstrate methods of addressing and safeguarding critical electronic assets.
- Demonstrate how network security relates to other areas of information technology.
- Demonstrate professional readiness in the areas of privacy, intellectual property rights, ethics and codes of conduct.
ISCS 114 IT Essentials: PC Hardware and Software (online) 4 credits
ISCS 116 Introduction to Linux (online) 3 credits
ISCS 171 Computer and Security Fundamentals (online) 3 credits
ISCS 175 Disaster Recovery (online) 3 credits
ISCS 271 Firewalls (online) 3 credits
ISCS 273 Computer and Network Defense and Countermeasures (online) 3 credits
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 19 CREDITS MIN.