Successful completion of this certificate prepares students as information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professionals, NSTISSI No. 4011 and CNSSI No. 4016 Entry Level Risk Analysis or provides current Information Systems professionals with an Information Systems security certification to meet the needs of current and future employer requirements. Upon completion of the program students will be prepared to take the CompTIA Security+ test.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Explain how information technologies gather, store, process and communicate information.
- Demonstrate an understanding of cyber security implementation issues and policies from multiple perspectives including from an organizational, managerial, technician and an end user experience.
- Articulate the risks and threats to an organization’s data.
- Demonstrate methods of addressing and safeguarding critical electronic assets.
- Demonstrate how network security relates to other areas of information technology.
- Demonstrate professional readiness in the areas of privacy, intellectual property rights, ethics and codes of conduct.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (21 HRS.)
ISCS 112 Computer Hardware Fundamentals (3)
ISCS 114 Computer Software Fundamentals (3)
ISCS 171 Computer and Security Fundamentals (3)
ISCS 175 Disaster Recovery (3)
ISCS 271 Firewalls (3)
ISCS 273 Computer and Network Defense and Countermeasures (3)
ISCS 275 Cyber Ethics (3)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 21 CREDITS MIN.