This certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate will prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance Brakes (ASE A-5).
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose and repair the automotive antilock brake system.
- Interpret machining specifications and determine repair procedures.
- Diagnose and repair the service brake system (mechanical and hydraulic) to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Interpret computer control diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
- Achieve certification in the operation of the computerized equipment associated with the repair of these systems.
ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive (2)
ATEC 112L Engine Repair (4)
ATEC 114L Automotive Brake Systems (4)
ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems I (4)
BLDG 115 Trades Mathematics (3)
MATH 119 Applications of Mathematics for Non-science Majors (3) or higher
ENGL 111 Composition and Rhetoric (3)
ENGL 119 Professional Communication (3)