School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies, 505-428-1388
Upon successful completion of this certificate students have the technical skills for entry-level employment in the fields of camera, grip and electric equipment. Students utilize professional hardware and software tools to create short video projects. The curriculum is designed for students who are interested in working in a collaborative and creative culture in mentorship with filmmaking professionals.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency with electric, grip, and camera equipment.
- Manage small crews, and prep electric, grip, and camera equipment for film shoots.
- Design production workflow with a team.
- Apply filmmaking skills to complete a short film.
- Model skills used by professional filmmakers.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (15 HRS.)
- FILM 280 Digital Cinematography I (3)
- FILM 281 Digital Cinematography II (3)
- 120 FILM 281L Digital Cinematography Lab (1) must be taken three times
- FILM 282 Digital Cinematography III (3) FILM 283 Digital Cinematography IV (3)
RELATED ELECTIVES: (9 HRS)
- FILM 140 Film Crew I (4)
- FILM 140L Film Crew I Lab (1)
- Y FILM 141 Film Crew II (4)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8. TOTAL 24 CREDITS MIN.