This program is designed to prepare students for entry-level positions in professional kitchens by providing them with an understanding of basic culinary knowledge, techniques, terminology and certification in sanitation and safety through the National Restaurant Associations SERVSAFE program.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Create and maintain a safe, organized and sanitary kitchen work station.
- Demonstrate proper care and use of knives.
- Describe how purchasing and inventory management affect operational success.
- Produce correctly cooked, nutritious and visually appealing menus and meals.
- Demonstrate the ability to use standard kitchen equipment safely and correctly.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (19 HRS.)
CULA 115 Culinary Fundamentals I (4)
CULA 151 Culinary Fundamentals II (4)
CULA 215 International Cuisine (4)
CULA 224L Professional Sauté (1)
CULA 257L Fundamentals of Meat Fabrication and Butchery (1)
HRMG 118 Sanitation and Safety (2)
HRMG 130 Purchasing (3)
NOTE: See First-Year Student Success Course Requirement on Page 8.
TOTAL 19 CREDITS MIN.