Completion of this certificate provides the skills, EPA certification, and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance Heating and Air Conditioning (ASE A-7) exam.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose automotive Automatic HVAC system problems.
- Diagnose and interpret HVAC specifications and determine corrective repair operations.
- Diagnose, repair and assemble Automotive HVAC system to OEM specification.
- Diagnose and repair computer control trouble codes which affect the operation the HVAC electronic control system.
- Understand all regulatory laws on disposal of materials and waste products and pass EPA required licensure for handling refrigerants.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (24 HRS. MIN.)
ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive (2)
ATEC 112L Engine Repair (4)
ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems I (4)
ATEC 119L Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning (4)
ATEC 150L Automotive Computer System Management I (4)
BLDG 115 Trades Mathematics (3)
MATH 119 Applications of Mathematics for Non-science Majors (3) or higher
ENGL 111 Composition and Rhetoric (3)
ENGL 119 Professional Communication (3)