This certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate will prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance Heating and Air Conditioning A-7 test.
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose automotive Automatic HVAC system problems.
- Diagnose and interpret HVAC specifications and determine corrective repair operations.
- Diagnose, repair and assemble Automotive HVAC system to OEM specification.
- Diagnose and repair computer control trouble codes which affect the operation the HVAC electronic control system.
- Understand all regulatory laws on disposal of materials and waste products and pass EPA required licensure for handling refrigerants
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (24 HRS.) ENGL 109 English Review (3) BLDG 115 Trades Math (3) ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive Service (2) ATEC 112L Engine Repair (4) ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems I (4) ATEC 119L Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning (4) ATEC 150L Computer System Management I (4) TOTAL 24 CREDITS