Successful completion of this certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance Engine Repair (ASE A-1).
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose automotive engine operating system.
- Diagnose and interpret machining specifications and determine corrective repair operations.
- Diagnose, repair, and assemble engines to original equipment manufacturer (OEM) specifications.
- Interpret computer control diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs).
- Comply with all laws and regulations on the disposal of materials and waste products.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (20 HRS. MIN.)
ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive (2)
ATEC 112L Engine Repair (4)
ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical and Electronic Systems I (4)
ATEC 150L Automotive Computer System Management I (4)
BLDG 115 Trades Mathematics (3)
MATH 119 Applications of Mathematics for
Non-science Majors (3) or higher
ENGL 111 Composition and Rhetoric (3)
ENGL 119 Professional Communication (3)