This certificate provides the skills and training needed to earn an entry-level position at an automotive maintenance repair facility. Courses included in the certificate will prepare students to pass the Automotive Service Excellence Maintenance and Light Repair Certification (ASE G1) test.
Upon competition of this program, students will be able to:
- Diagnose automotive electrical and accessory system problems. Utilize DVOM meters and other electrical testing equipment to troubleshoot batteries, charging and lighting systems.
- Diagnose/repair brake, antilock and power booster systems.
- Diagnose/repair suspension and steering components. Perform vehicle alignment.
- Diagnose and repair heating and air conditioning systems for proper operation. Included is manual and automatic climate control system diagnosis and repair.
- Perform oil change service, tire rotation, vehicle inspections, water leak and wind-noise diagnosis and other general vehicle maintenance service.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (25 HRS.) ENGL 109 English Review (4) BLDG 115 Trades Mathematics (3) ATEC 111L Introduction to Automotive Service (2) ATEC 115L Automotive Steering and Suspension Systems (4) ATEC 114L Automotive Brake Systems (4) ATEC 116L Automotive Electrical/Electronic Systems I (4) ATEC 119L Automotive Heating and Air Conditioning Systems (4) TOTAL 25 CREDITS