School of Arts, Design, and Media Arts, 505-428-1731
This program is designed to provide students with the necessary skills for gainful employment as an architectural or interior design technician, working under a licensed professional. The technician is responsible for using software to create design and technical drawings, multidisciplinary collaboration with team members and consultants, and assisting in solving complex design issues. Upon successful completion of this program, the student will be able to gain meaningful employment in an architecture or interior design office.
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Upon completion of this program, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate professionalism in an architecture or interior design office.
- Apply the principles of the Phases of Work and sustainable design principles to the creation of design and technical drawings.
- Use software to create and communicate design and technical drawings.
CORE REQUIREMENTS: (30 HRS. MIN.) *
- ARCH 111 Introduction to Architectural Graphics (3)
- ARCH 112 Building Materials and Methods (3) *
- ARCH 115 Design Fundamentals (3)
- ARCH 117 Technical Documentation with AutoCAD I (3)
- ARCH 120 Building Information Modeling with Revit I (3) *
- ARCH 123 Introduction to Architecture (3) [or] ARCH 128 Interior Design I (3)
- ARCH 126 Building Information Modeling with ArchiCAD I (3)
- ARCH 129 Sustainable Design Studio (3) ARCH 229 Commercial Environmental Design (3) MART 119 Digital Design Presentation (3)
*Transfers to UNM School of Architecture
TOTAL 30 CREDITS MIN.